TRUST 4: What I learnt during FA.

Just came back from FA, and though the message wasn't entirely about Trust, I did learn something.

Ghon shared on Hebrew 11.


Hebrews 11:6
The Message
"It’s impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him."


When coming to God, have a mindset that He responds. Whatever the form may be, He is responding. It's like talking to another normal healthy human being. There will be a response :)

Ghon mentioned something so beautiful. God is a personal God, and He is creative beyond measure. Therefore, your journey and experience with Him will be personal, scripted only for you. He loves you too much to give you something unoriginal. He'll amaze you, each time with something NEW!

Another thing that I learned is that Trust is not passive. It's not believing that God will do all the labor and you can just slack, 'believing' He will take care of everything. The other extreme is struggling doing everything by yourself and giving God no thought. No.

Trust is asking Jesus' guidance. Ask Him to guide you through your choices. Ask for His wisdom, He is your wisdom after all! Ask Him for strength. He is your strength too! So every move you make is efficient and necessary, because it's basically all Him. 

And God's wisdom isn't knowledge. You can't learn it from any book or any Bible. I'm not saying you don't read your Bible. You can read it, but God's wisdom will reveal the depths of its meaning to you. I've had my share of reading my Bible just to complete my daily quota, speed reading it's sentences. It didn't fulfill my hunger at all. 

But when the Holy Spirit's wisdom is involved, a single verse can change your life :)

Anyway, I had a great time during FA. I felt so happy! I'm so glad to be part of SEKIA, really! Amazing leaders and friends :)

And to a certain someone, congratulations!! Gleeful for you!

Night!