010113

The first day of the year begins with a prayer. Then it went on as per normal: breakfast, TV, bathe, TV, quiet time.

Then for 3 hours, my whole family of 5 went to this condo showhouse at Redhill. I spent my waiting time CoCing and whatsapping people.

Then. A whatsapp message from Bern came, telling me that they have plans for the night and if I'd like to join. Little do I know the little adventure the invitation would bring. I agreed to come.

So from the condo, we went to ahma's place. I found some old trinkets there.

This was a trophy my dad won when he was younger. He won first place. And he still has lots of trophies kept in our office back home in Indonesia.



Found some old photos of myself there too.
A lot says I look like a boy.


Krr.


Happy kid!


As some of you might know, my current mom is my stepmom. My birthmom passed away due to leukemia when I was 6. I found a photo of her in ahma's place and quickly snapped a pic. Some of my family members are still very superstitious, and won't let me keep any pics of her. But I still kept some nonetheless.

Anyway, here she is :) And she's 168 cm tall. I hope I can still grow, man.

:)


I stayed there until dinner time, and then left to meet Bern and the rest.

We met at Vivo. There was already Bern, Ko Shandy, and Kevin waiting. I had my ayam penyet dinner, and then we left to buy some drinks and snacks. At that point, I felt very gassy. Needed to put some minyak angin (hot oil... I don't know what's it called in English.) first before we continue on the journey.

They said we'll be going to Henderson Waves from Harborfront. I thought we were taking a bus. Boy was I wrong.

We walked.

*a moment of pause.


So. To get to Henderson Waves from Harborfront, you need to go through Mt. Faber, and being a 'mountain', we needed to climb it. It was a long walk of climbing stairs, and it was pitch black, so we needed to use lights from our phones to light our way. There really was no light source whatsoever! Without our phones we were practically blind! And still we find people walking in the opposite direction (which means they came from the darkness) without any light source. Amazing.

We climbed and climbed and climbed I nearly passed out. My only source of exercise so far is only my DDR carpet at home! I literally felt like throwing up but didn't, thankfully. We were drenched in sweat. But once we reached the top, it was such a satisfying feeling. And the wind was blowing so hard, it was pretty cool (as in not warm).

From the top, we needed to walk some more, but THANKFULLY without stairs. We passed Jewelbox, which apparently was a place which has 3 restaurants inside. Bern recommended the Chinese restaurant. Kevin kept saying it was so romantic.

We walked some more, and there was this place where we can view the skyline, so we stopped to take some pics!


The nightview.
Trying to bokeh using my iphone! :p
Credits to Kevin!
Asked a passing couple to take the pic.
They were very kind, shifting around trying to find a good angle for us!

A lot more pics in the others' phone. Shall wait for them to upload them and maybe I'll update the pics in this post.

And so we kept walking and suddenly saw these balloons. They were tied to this rail, and it led to this group of people gathering, with glow sticks on the ground, laid in a heart shape. I guess a couple is going to make it official or something.

Walked pass them, and took more photos on the way.

Smart guy. Knows where the light was. Or maybe he was just lucky.
The other two are hidden very well in this pic.

A better shot ^^

So we reached Henderson Waves (finally), and found a spot for ourselves.

It was a very fun and chill night :) Kevin bought his guitar, so Bern kinda did his thing and we sang and sang.. For some reason they liked Sandy Sundoro's "Malam Biru". It kept being sung throughout the night. Ko Shandy bought his iPad so we got a lot of inspirations. John Mayer, Taylor Swift, Naif, Chrisye, 2911..

Indonesia really had good songs back then. It's a saddening looking at the Kpop wannabes now.

Brought out the snacks and drinks, as well as Bern's Monopoly Deal, and played one round. It was pretty hard to concentrate for me cos it was dark and they were joking around. And the joke was more fun than the game. Bern won the round and we stopped playing.


Yohannes came when we were nearing the end of the game. He just landed from his flight from Indonesia, and straight away joined us. He had his little journey on his own trying to find us, getting lost and stuff.

So we continued with the jokes and the singing and the talking, and then Ko Shandy brought out his brand new scrabble. So we played. I just watched though. Four of them played.

There were no rules. It can be an English word, and Indonesian word, or something not officially a word. Just anything. And they came up with the stupidest yet funniest stuff!

For example.


Bern came up with ANU. And Kevin happily made it into a PANU.
I know it's not as funny here but at the time, it was hilarious!


Kevin made an NTAR. Ko Shandy made it into UNTAR, which was a name of a University in Jakarta, I think. Then Yoh just added a Z there, making it into UNTAR versi alay.

I laughed so hard when it happened.

Here's the end result of the game.


It was the most random Scrabble game ever. There were even people's names! And all happened to be from my FA. There was RIA, SIQIM (Supposed to mean Si Kim), and FENA.

There was also some random other stuff, like TEHOICE, which is supposed to mean TEH O ICE.

ISEMOX, supposed to mean Ih, Semok.
EE. Means eek (poo).
etc.

Then they started making stories with it. It was so funny I laughed so hard!!! I will try my best to remember what they came up with.

"SINI RIA, RUSUH bareng SIQIM, *forgot what they came up with LIMB*, BASED AT rumah FENA yang ALAMATnya menCELA EE." Something like that.

There was also something like "YAO ming is a VOTER which votes to BITE. Then he BUKA UNTARZ, kena PANU trs ngmg DARN! Karena votenya di RIG, dia di LAY sama GAGS, dan mereka bilang ISEMOX!" It practically makes no sense! Or maybe it does.

I laughed and laughed and laughed. It was a good laugh.

Then Ko Shandy suddenly laid down on the floor, and all of us joined him. It was a F4 moment. The stars were really bright and pretty that night.

Credits: Kevin. He took the pic with all his heart, from every angle possible.
I liked this one best :)

Then we continued talking and singing again. Me and Yoh and Ko Shandy played this guessing game in his iPad. Bern and Kevin was serious with their guitar.

Then, as the night got later, I got to see more of Kevin. People has said that he is funny, but I've never seen it first hand. So yesterday was my first share and he was EXCRUCIATINGLY funny.

It's not that he's trying to be funny, it's just the stuff that he does! Gosh, it was all laughs watching him!! When he sings, he sings full of confidence with all his heart. When he moves.. It was just hilarious!! He would do the most random stuff imagined. And the way he reacts is the best. He reacts to other's jokes in such a way so unexpected, it was too funny. I literally got tired laughing watching him. My tummy hurted.

And what's more, there were shooting stars!! I saw one faint one, but the others saw a big one. It all really looked like something you'd see in a movie. I was so happy.

Coolest thing was, the last two song we sang were worship songs. It was the best.

Around 1 am plus, we finally decided to go home. Ko Shandy living in the green line took his own cab, and the rest of us shared a cab.

It was such a fun night, a great way to start 2013!!
I know God set it all up. He knew all this would make me so happy :) I'm so grateful for the awesome first day of 2013!

So. Have a great 2013 everyone!! (I kept typing 2013 as 2012 and then changed it. Hurr)

Be blessed!! :D