Those kilograms and fats.

While doing my dissertation, I was distracted by Facebook (as usual)..

I was flipping my old photos when I found this pic.


And I realize my arm was huge. I think I was nearing 60 kg at that point.
Thank God I never crossed the 60 kg mark!

Then I made a comparison of this photo and one I just took 2 days ago.


And I realize I've got a lot slimmer.

This has been something that I've wanted, besides miraculously having longer legs and a shorter torso.

I've tried several ways.
During my teenage days, I would replace my rice with potatoes. Troublesome and didn't work.
Bought the Blood Type Diet book. Didn't read it.

Then I followed the Herbalife diet. It did show some results, but I do like to snack at night, and according to the diet rules, midnight snacking is a big no no. So holding back my craving was a huge war. And not long after, I gave up. This tummy is made to be filled.

So for some time, I didn't pay much attention to what I eat. I kept drinking the Herbalife milk for breakfast just because I like drinking milk, but that's it.

I told God, He knows I like to eat. But He also knows I want to be skinny. So what to do? I asked Him to keep me skinny while I eat a lot. Didn't work. So I asked Him to control my eating desire. Now this one didn't work straight away, but it eventually did.

When I went to the UK, I left my Herbalife milk back in Singapore. So there was no dietary control whatsoever. And because it was darn cold there, I ate all the time. Full portions of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to mention the Indomie suppers if I'm still hungry. And I would still snack some while doing my schoolwork. It was just eating to the fullness of my stomach.

All the eating made me scared of the weighing scale. I was so scared that I'd get over 60 kg with all the eating. I was praying to God all the time to just not make me fat, to somehow make all the calories disappear. It seems like the easy (and only) way out. But I couldn't think of anything else I could do. But one thing for sure: I didn't starve myself. I eat when I get hungry, eat till I feel it's enough.

I didn't weigh myself until I get back to Singapore.

Then, in Singapore, my mom saw me and she said I looked skinnier. Then a few church friends mentioned it as well. I was kinda shocked. I thought for sure I gained weight. So after a few skinny comments, I braved myself to step on the weighing scale, and true enough I lost almost 5 kg.

It all happened in the UK where there was no Herbalife or any diet form whatsoever to be given credit to. I didn't know how, but the kilograms just went away. What is that if it's not the grace of God in motion?

Nowadays, I do feel I eat less, not because I starve myself, but because I do feel full. Therefore I stop.

I believe it is God. He knows, He cares, He listens. I asked Him to control my eating desires, and He did! Isn't this the best? Isn't HE the best? Effortlessly losing weight! Woohoo!!

You may believe what you want, but this happened to me. You are hearing this from a first hand experience. This is my personal journey with God. It is not a law, set on stone that you have to follow to lose weight, or in anything you wish for. What worked for me might not work for you, and vice versa. Make your experience with God your own journey! Ask what you want!

This is what makes a life with Jesus so interesting. He's not just some dead god carved on some stone. He's not a far unreachable mean God. He's alive, He's near, and He's the epitome of Love, which means He wants to have a relationship with you, and you can have one with Him like with any other friend, parent, or spouse you have!

So anyway, going to bed now.

Good night and God bless!

An old post I did about the same topic: http://brimlyke.blogspot.sg/2011/03/midnight-cravings.html
There, I was still toiling and working hard to lose weight. Haha!
Petrus DHS said...

wish this would happen to me ><

Unknown said...

hahaha you'll have your own journey ko!

Petrus DHS said...

but the time is running out ><"

Unknown said...

lapo running out?