TRUST 2: That verse.

It seems like The Lord is revealing me a personal theme to hold to this year. It is so vivid!

So, close to the end of last year, I came across this verse while reading my daily verse from the Bible Plus app.



Proverbs 3:5
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil.


The verse talks about trusting God. That night, the Holy spirit revealed this to me in such a vivid way, that to trust means to trust. That God is in full knowledge and control of whatever is happening in your life. If something looks bad, trust Him! Even when circumstances gives you no reason to trust, the Bible (which means His Words) alone is enough reason to keep on trusting.

There are times where I am very bochap towards bad things that is happening. But if it concerns me, before I realize it I would be deep in my thoughts analyzing it. What did I do to deserve this? Why is this happening? Did I do something wrong? Analyzing me, myself, and I. Not an impressive thing to think about.

So when I got this verse, I realize that I am not in control. I cannot analyze fully why things are happening to me. I will never know wholly why people treat me the way they do. I can guess and keep guessing and never know the answer. 

Isn't there an easier way out? (Anyway, things that seems easy for us to get in the Bible wasn't easy at all. Jesus paid heck of a price for us to enjoy what seems normal to us now, like just being able to talk to God anytime we want. The Israelites didn't have this privilege back then!) And by that, I mean trusting Him. He is in complete control of everything. Not one thing has ever slipped from his attention. 

If someone has wronged you and not realize it, He can put a thought in that person's mind that makes him/her realize. Waiting for a text? God can easily put the desire for that person to text you. Tired of trying to talk some sense into someone? In an instant, God can reveal to him what you've been trying to say for ages. He can make your boss remember and favor you. He gives you friends in Him. He sends His provision right on time. God's possibilities are endless! This is the type of 'trusting' God that He's revealing to me right now.

Then, a few days after that verse, this one comes along. I suddenly had the urge to open Psalms 31 and voila, this appears. 


Psalms 31:1
In You, O Lord, do I put my trust and seek refuge; let me never be put to shame or [have my hope in You] disappointed; deliver me in Your righteousness!


Again, trust. 

Then, again, a few days after, The Chapter of Love, 1 Corinthians 13 appears in the Bible Plus app. The verse didn't speak much, so I read the whole chapter, and a verse caught my attention. 


1 Corinthians 13:7
7 (Love) Trusts God always...
*bracket added by myself to show the context of the whole paragraph. 


God says one of the attribute of Agape Love (done my homework and checked the Greek, Agape is God's unconditional love), is trusting Himself always. 

And then, just a few minutes ago, came across this one. 


Proverbs 17:7-8
[Most] blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters that spreads out its roots by the river; and it shall not see and fear when heat comes; but its leaf shall be green. It shall not be anxious and full of care in the year of drought, nor shall it cease yielding fruit.


Look at the package of blessings that comes by trusting God. Read it for yourself. When heat comes, you won't see it! Therefore, you won't fear it! In the year of drought, you will not be anxious and full of care, or in a more 21st century term, "stressless". All because you believe in, trust in, and rely on Jesus! Putting your hope and confidence (not in how good or bad you are, but) in Jesus.

4 verses in less then two weeks, it's obvious Lord Jesus is speaking.

I think my own personal theme this year is: Trusting Jesus.
I know He will teach me a lot of stuff around this. So I'm excited!

Happy Wednesday, people! :)