Looking for the Princess pt. 2

So, waiting for my turn.. Ko Willy got on stage.. then Ghon.. (She did amazing in her nginden btw :D).. Then Ncep.. Then Ce Beki.. Ko Hendra.. C Janette.. Talk talk sing sing..


Then.. “Oh Putri…” Our que to go out.. Here goes!! I surrender everything into Your hands, Lord! 3.. 2.. 1.. Deep breath.. One step! Two steps! Interact with the dancers! “Sang pujaan.. Hatiku…” Then, the poke from Panca… And the rest you can see in the DVD when it comes out #promosi Lol!


I gave it my all.. screamed, squealed, sang, danced, all. Tried my best not to look down, the blockings, everything! And when the time came for us to sing.. The dreaded happened.


My dear twin brother Dodo has always found it very hard to recognize a note. When singing, he would sing in a completely different chord. His song is in Am, and I remember the first day we practiced singing our song, it took him minutes to menyamakan his voice and the note. Ce Manda, Ce Beki, me, ko Willy, and Ncep was surrounding him, helping him to get his note. “Go up, go up. No, too high. Go down” and he was like “Saaaattt… Saatttt.. Saaattt.. Saaatt..,” Singing the first syllabus of his lyric in different tones for a few minutes, trying to get his note. When he finally got it, the whole room literally cheered for him. So, during all our practices, he sang Am based on his memory of how the note sounds, not by listening to any reference whatsoever. I applaud you bro. For months he sang his Am based on memory.


And on D-day…


He


sang


off


tune.


He was a little higher than Am. I was like O.O literally forgot to act for a moment, amazed by him. Out of all the practices, he was off tune during the actual performance. Yet he didn’t realize he was off tune so was singing off tune-ly in full blast confidence. The audience loved it. Now we always laugh our socks off while talking about that.


For my part of the song, the chord changes from Am to D. Hitting that first note has always been quite hard for me. If only we had Kim Pil Suk (Dream High)’s perfect pitch :p Different from Dodo, I base my note on hearing. But, hearing while you dance and move was harder then just standing there beside the piano and listen. I think during the D-day, I missed a bit on that first note, but not a major problem I guess. So far, noone I talked to realized :p


Then, the mic pass to Ko Raimond went very well. PTLPTLPTLPTL. Then, watched till the end the downstairs.


Ko Raimond also had a dreaded note. “Welcome.. To SingaPORE!!!” that PORE was pretty high. Downstairs, we literally were lifting our hands to the screen praying he would hit that note. And he did and we clapped :D


Interestingly, scenes where we thought was funny, the audience didn’t respond much. The parts where we thought was blah, the audience laughed! Interesting.


On scene 8, I forgot to wear my headband. But noone realized I think :p Sorry c nat! >,<


After the curtain call, things went mad behind the curtain. People were jumping around (including me), hugging each other, crying, laughing, screaming, it was chaotic. We prayed, led by Ko Andri, and things continued going mad. I felt like bursting watching all other ppl crying, but dasar gak bisa nangis.. So was jumping around with mixed feelings hugging ppl. Hugged Ko Felix, he was super tall -.- was on my tippy toe.


Then, here’s what makes me stand in awe before God. Ce Manda said, my Panci on D-day was waaayyy better then the rehearsal day, when the rehearsal was the best I’ve done so far. He really gave me a better Panci then the best I’ve done up till that point. He bettered my best!! :D I felt I did nothing different, like seriously. Yet, what people see was different, and that was out of my control. I KNEW it was Him.


Ghon’s nginden was leaps and bounds better too. It was only a day since rehearsal (where she did not do really well), and on the D-day, it was perfect!! People, including me, and Ghon herself, who knows what happened the day before, should know that that was God working :)


Now, my days has gone back to normal. Sunday, the day after musical, felt somehow empty. Can’t believe that it was really over. It has been in my days for the last 6 months o,o Now, I’m already getting used to living without musical practices again.


It was seriously such a precious memory. I was a part of a great event, presented by a great group of ppl (TLG), originated by a great God :)


Some found love during that period (poking people in my mind.. teehee), most learnt a valuable lesson, and I hope all grows in their relationship with God :) Remember that all this is of God, for God. We have no reason to boast at all.


Shoutouts:


  • C Manda | I love how you are always clear of what you want from us, it helps us a lot. Patient, comforting, longsuffering.. You seem to never run out of energy! I know you are very busy yet you always gave your all for this musical.. Thank you so much!!

  • Ko Felix | You are utterly creative. To create a script like that, that made the audience laugh and cry.. That was amazing!! Yet I believe the idea was from God.. You’ve been used by God as a channel to show God’s love, through your scriptwriting.. Amazing ko!! And thanks for sending me home twice :D

  • Ko Andri | Thanks for your patience towards us.. Always calm, always smiling.. You’re like the ice to every rising temperature :) It’s always a pleasure to have you around during our practices :D

  • Ko Raimond | I think I got to talk to you and know you more from this musical.. I learnt a lot from you, especially your humbleness :) Always positive, always willing to learn, and watching you and Ci Gill (alongside Ko Willy and C Joan), keeps reassuring me that this wait will be worth it!!

  • Ce Becky | I also think musical drew us a loooot closer.. You are motherly and very caring.. During my emo-est period, you were pretty much always there and I appreciate it very much ce.. It matters a lot :) I’m sorry if I have annoyed you in any way.. Wo qin ai de jie jie!! (hope I got it right..) :D

  • Ce Janette | Always cheerful and comedic, pretty inside and out :) You literally have a voice of an angel (cieeeh! but really..) I think you’re the perfect Putri! And that singing session on Monday helped a whooole lot!! Thanks Ci!! :D And you’re super mature for our age, salute!!

  • Ncep | Mantan sos!! You’re an amazing actor.. For me it was obvious since day 1.. :) Easy go lucky.. Always calm and relaxed throughout everything.. I think it’s a good quality that you have that affects others around you :) And at times, your RESEness is beyond human understanding. hahaha!

  • Ce Ita | I’m very grateful to have known you. Seeing you during practices makes me happy :D Very friendly, sweet and adorable, yet you portray that nasty tante perfectly :D Your talent is obvious (audience’s cheer during your curtain call was blaaarrr) lol! See you around, tante!

  • Chuiel | Your Ahbeng was amazing, star of the show! :D But more than that, your sharing has strengthened me in my times of need, you have no idea. I felt God was strengthening me through you. Thanks, beng!

  • Ce Jenita | Your commitment while acting has inspired me.. I learnt to give my all on practice and on stage from you :) Completely into character, no fear. Btw, congratulations! And its cute you sitting ard on females lap during practices hahhaa! :D

  • Mykey n Ko Ceka | Sorry for always troubling you guys of sending me home.. Thank God for both of you, makes the journey home not boring :D

  • Ghon | Keluarkan girasmu!!! Jgn stop di nginden di atas panggung!!! Hahha :D I love our prayer during the prayer meeting :) Thank God for you in my life!

  • Cilla | Thanks for the hard work for booklet, ticket and kartu terima kasih!! Donno what would happen without you :D

  • Ko Ceka, Ko Cipto, Bern, Ce Janette, Ko Willy, Ce Manda | AMAZING SONGS. Enough said.

  • All I didn’t mention | Musical was an amazing journey with all of you. Never regretted a single day of it :) From the casts, wardrobe, dance, props, lighting, ads, publication, marketing, sponsorship, directors, music, producers, stage managers, advisors, and everyone else.. THANK YOU!! Without you, this musical would’ve been a different story, and I dont want that. This experience of the musical, I believe is the best God’s planned, and I don’t want it any other way.

Again, all praises and glory goes to God. All praises I said about you, let it flow to God, cos it’s Him that gives you all the talent and ability and quality that I see of you :) This all happened because of Him and Him only!! yeahh!!


Well.. TLG MUSICAL FOR GOD!!


And thanks to all who has come and watched. Hope you are blessed! :D


G nite!!