Looking for the Princess pt. 1

Hello!!!


I’m feeling quite :D tonight. After all these while, I feel free! To list some of my most mind consuming busyness the past few weeks:


  1. Musical practice (duh)

  2. Illustration for musical

  3. Dance SAS

  4. Theatre SAS

  5. The submission of exercise 2 all on last week

  6. Draw for 100 friends exhibition

  7. Phunk meetings

  8. Freelance job

It was hectic. It’s all done now (except number 7), and tonight I’m feeling light and free :D


And deepest condolences for a friend.. Your dad is at his best now, with our Daddy JC :) May Daddy give you strength and peace and joy through it all! And btw, all pics in this post taken by myself, Christine Poriman, MC Photography, and Eliott (http://www.rhetoriques.com).


So.. Finally on October 1st, TLG had it’s 2011 musical, “Mencari Putri”.



After a long long 6 months, finally! Finally!!


Gosh, I remember our first practice after KOM at Vanda 3.. That was the first time I really talked to Ncep (who plays the lead role Satria) I acted as PANCI in this musical. She’s Satria’s best friend, and has a twin bro named Panca. She’s (supposed to be) cheerful, adorable, oblivious, energetic, blur.. I still remember, Ce Manda said, her (and Panca’s) energy level has to be above the average level of a normal human being.


Panca Panci


Panca Panci


Honestly at first, I didn’t think it would’ve been that hard. But it was. There are times that I thought someone else should’ve gotten chosen. During practices, there are times that I felt I’ve given it my all, yet it’s not good enough. And sometimes I feel overshadowed by Dodo. I think he’s a natural :)


However, unlike most people I’ve asked, never once I felt lazy to go practice. I was always looking forward to it, excited everytime the time comes for practice! The thought of it makes me happy! Sometimes, it’s even the only thing that so called keeps me going when days get tough :)



dancers in action during practice


So, after practicing for 3 months, finally Ce Manda praised our acting! (Panca Panci.) 3 months, people. I was so happy when I heard that compliment. But at the same time, how bad were we that first 3 months?


I remembered how one day ko Felix was disappointed at us, and slammed the script to the floor.. With all respect, it’s a memory I cherish.. lol


Things were tough towards the end. Everything was piling up at the same time (almost all 8 points I listed above), and I felt drained. The worst point was this. During these days, sharings on fb by Chuiel really strengthened me. He’s honest, and his sharing of what God taught him, it’s very2 encouraging. Especially his last sharing. Whoa :)


And in my post few weeks ago, I stated that if I survived last week, you are seeing the product of God’s grace. Well, I survived and survived well :)


Paying the taxi fares, esp on September, was pocket money sucking. Thank God I got a few freelance job, so it all got covered :) My Jehova Jireh!! :D And friends who sent me home when it gets too late.. Mykey, ko Ceka, ko Felix.. Thank you! Appreciate it :)


Common problem while performing Panci:


  1. Not energetic enough

  2. I like to look down

  3. Specs sliding down slowly

  4. The first note after the chords change from Am to D

  5. (for me) Not lembeng enough.

So, when I focus on an aspect, usually I forgot the other. Thank God, slowly the energetic issue was getting lesser and lesser, and the specs was changed to a funky orange specs. But the other 3 issues remains.


I do realize we (Panca Panci) are getting lesser and lesser complaints by the directors as time passed by. Thank God for that! :)


On Wednesday (D-3,) we had a prayer meeting. And it was the best. I really needed that, wasn’t at my best at that period of time. It was uplifting, refreshing, energizing, everything! It was exactly what we all needed, I believe. On Thursday, we all rested (Well I didn’t. Finishing my portrait for the 100 Friends)


Friday (D-1), we had our rehearsals. PTL, I think it went well. Ce Manda said that I was way better then the usual practice. I honestly didn’t feel different, or think that I did different. I knew it was God working. Cannot do anything else except to thank Him :)


Then during D day.. Had my make up on.. It was bright and bold and super quadruple thick..



Cheeks super pink, lips even pink-er, different shads of pink for eyeshadow, silver for highlights on browbone, gold below the eye, layers of foundation, 3 layers of lashes, teased and hairsprayed hair.. (I hate hairspray), and of course the iconic orange glasses :) And ci Manda cut my fringe.


Earlier, while I was having my quiet time, God said something like this, “they will not see your best. They will see My best.” Whoa :) And then, I mentioned to Him about my concern, that the Panci on D-1 was the best so far.. What if I did worse? Then He comforted me, saying that He is able to make my Panci today even better then the day before, which was already the best so far. I remembered a part of Judah Smith’s sermon, when he said God spoke to him, something like this: “Do your best today (or “Give your best today”), and I will better your best tomorrow.” AMEN!


The whole day slack. When we rehearsed, there was a problem. I have to pass my mic to Ko Raimond, which will be at the other edge of the stage, and during rehearsals, we found out that the time wasn’t enough. So, all the sesepuh made a final decision of what I had to do. Not telling what, but it requires a fast movement, taking off the mic while I ran to him at the same time, and it has to be fast. Practiced a few times, a few hours before 7.30.


Around 5 pm, it came to me that in 2 hours we are performing.. Got more and more nervous by the minute.. Prayed, warmed up, prayed again, together and individually.. I was like having a quiet OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG… I was most afraid of that note.. Practiced with Shilton earlier.. But still.. Right before performing, prayed with Ce Shella again..


(to be continued..)