TRUST 5: Storms and Jesus

You know, when you are going through a storm, that's just one more situation where Jesus is able to reveal the magnitude of Himself. Problems are opportunities of knowing Him more. A new side of Him, or an aspect of Him that you might have forgotten.

Storms in itself are not always your fault.

In Luke 8, Jesus was the one who told His disciples to go to the other side of the lake.
And if you're smart enough, you should have figured out by now that they would use a boat. By the way, the size of the lake we are talking about must be huge, for a storm to be able to happen on it.


22 One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and started out. 
23 As they sailed across, Jesus settled down for a nap. But soon a fierce storm came down on the lake. The boat was filling with water, and they were in real danger.
24 The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”
When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm. 
25 Then he asked them, “Where is your faith?”
The disciples were terrified and amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!”


Point is, it was during that trip, the trip that Jesus Himself initiated, that the storm took place.
So friends, you and I might be smack dab in the center of God's plan when a storm happens. Sometimes it's just not your fault, and you can't explain it. It just happens.

Now, did Jesus know it would happen? Yes. He's God.

Yet, He still told them to sail over the lake.

You know, when He lets you go through something, He knows beforehand you'll go through it victorious. Not by your might, but victorious because He is with you. His plans are good for you. His plans are "..plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) He makes all things work together for your good! (Romans 8:28) And yes, your storm right now, is included in the "all things".

So, have this mindset:
God is fully aware of the storm you're in. And if He lets you go through it, trust Him enough to believe that this situation is part of His good plans for your life!

Second of all, He stays on your boat with you. You are never ever on your own. It's just the matter of panicking or turning to Him who was already there all along. (hint. The latter choice is the better choice.)

The only thing that determines the course of the disciples life, whether they drown or whether they stay alive, was WHO was with them on their boat at that particular point of time.

If it was you instead of Jesus, you can bet that chapter and verse was the last of their names. Dig the bottom of that lake right now and you might just find their bones.

The point of difference was that Jesus was there. And when He speaks.. Boy, His words caused galaxies to form. You better be sure your situations will bow down to His promises.

So don't fret, friends. He's there. Expect Him to do something. He'll amaze you.

And basically I'm telling all this to myself as well.

Is there a storm around my boat now?
Yes.

And God has been revealing to me revelations upon revelations. It's almost as if problems brings me closer to Him. Or I guess that's what problems are made for. Revealing more of His glory.

So I guess I'll just watch Him do His thing. Shifting my eyes away from the storm and unto Him. I mean, when there's Someone as beautiful as Jesus around me, why would I want to look at anything else?
Moreover a storm!

And as I face Him, He takes care of whatever I'm facing my back towards.
As you look unto Jesus, as you put your focus on Him, you problems just gets smaller.

But I know there are times when it's hard to even turn your head away from the obvious problems in front of you. What to do then?

Friends, do what Jesus does. Speak to your situation! Speak upon yourself! Your words carry power!

"Lord, help me to focus on You."
"Lord, give me peace."
"Lord, make me not want _____"
"Lord, make me nor wait for _____"
"Lord, _____"

And it works. Speak it!

God gave me peace in a situation where, believe me, peace is the last thing possible to enter my heart. God made me lose desire towards this thing I've been wanting for a long time. He dealt straight to my feelings. It's crazy.
Oh the things He does.. He's awesome.

Anyway. Gotta sleep now.
Good night people!



**

Follow the journey!
TRUST 1: Twenty Thirteen!
TRUST 2: That verse.
TRUST 3: Did you see the broken glass?
TRUST 4: What I learnt during FA.