JENNIFER IM // ClothesEncounters

In my City Plaza Trip post, I briefly mentioned this girl and her youtube channel.

She's Jennifer Im, and her channel is Clothes Encounters.

When Clothes Encounters started, there was 2 owners. One was Jenn, and the other one was Sarah. But on December 2011, they decided that Jenn would go solo because she moved and it's hard for the both of them to do videos together. You can see Sarah in their earlier videos.

And Jenn is GORGEOUS!!!!

All photos from her tumblr and instagram.

*currently digging her webstagram looking for a picture of her. They're all so pretty I'm having a hard time deciding. OK, going with this one cos I like her natural laugh :D



I first encountered her in this video about her room tour. It was on the suggested column while I was viewing a video. Clicked on it and since then was glad I did.



First impression: She's pretty and cute. She has the type of pretty where it is sweet yet not saccarine. Her beauty is not boring. Her face was just designed in a way that's very pleasant to look at. I would sometimes rewatch her video just to look at her face and listen to her talk. And I'm straight.


I love her style! Love love love!!! But I guess some of you might beg to differ, cause I showed her to some of my friends, and some said they don't think she's that pretty, or that they don't like her style.. So I guess it's subjective. And so here I am posting about my subjectiveness :)

From her room tour, I can see that she's pretty artsy and edgy.. IMO, she's not like some youtube stars who's super cute and pink (eg Macbarbie07 or Bubzbeauty), or just talks non stop in her videos (eg Juicystar07)..

To sum it up, she's not pink. She's silver. Edgy. Cool. All about her is. Just. Nice.

1. She's pleasant to watch.
2. Her videos are simple and not draggy, everything is spot on.
3. She talks just enough, all at the right amount.
4. Her videos are edited well, love the music she uses.
5. She's cool and edgy.
6. Her voice is nice to listen to.
7. You can see that she's smart. Looks and brains!
8. She's pleasant to watch.

Like a skinny jeans that hits you just at the right spots. And I prefer her style compared to Chriselle Lim.. I think she has more edge. But I love Chriselle too! She's like the more matured version of Jenn. Here's her channel if you haven't known already, just because I love her. And she's getting married! Congrats Chriselle!

When the channel started, what they do was mostly going to thrift stores (mostly Goodwill), and post about their finds and how they styled it.

Sarah was still around in this video :)



Now the channel has expanded, covering all sorts of stuff.

I think in a subtle way she categorizes her videos, so it's not all over the place. There are these type where she styles a certain fashion item or trend into different looks. Here's one where she styles neon items.



And in this one she styles polka dots.



And jackets..



There are also this OOTD (Outfit of the Day) videos. It's mostly just one look, and shorter compared to the other types of video, but it's still very pretty and definitely worth watching.



From watching her videos, I think her life is pretty fun. She still goes to school, yet she is a youtube sensation and therefore makes her own money. She makes money doing what she loves, and she has the looks and personality to back it up. So cool! I'd love to do that. She also goes to all sorts of events, like concerts and what not. Well I don't like going out and socializing very much, so in that aspect I'm cool with.



I think she's lost some weight. She looks chubby in her earlier videos. But still pretty.



Her videos also covers season trends.



And styles her favorite items.. Something else I like about her is that she explains why she uses the items.. Be it the colors or materials or just the fact that it's comfortable..



She also does DIY videos, which I love.



Here's how she does her make up!



So pretty! I just love her. Gets so excited when she uploades her videos. She has tons of other videos, you should check her channel out. Here it is, just to make life easier for you.

There goes my obsession of Jennifer Im. And another pretty picture of her to end this post.



TTYL!! :D
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.