17 Aug // Birthday // Dream.

Another Friday!

Another week has passed! This is so quick man.

AND HAPPY NATIONAL DAY TO MY BELOVED INDONESIA!!

BE A BETTER COUNTRY WITH NO CORRUPTION OKAY??

Went to school earlier than usual today. I guess it's because I slept earlier as well yesterday night, at around 11 o'clock.

So I reached at around 9.10? Which was an accomplishment, really.

And guess what. Our lecturer came at 11. Best. And he came while I was having lunch. Away from school. He's a different lecturer from the one I mentioned in my last post.

Anyway, had a consultation with him. I guess he was okay with my project. He praised me for my "very good research".

He's the kind of lecturer you can't guess what's going through his mind. He looks like he's always bored of whatever I've got to say. And I really can't deal with that kind of people. It makes me so cautious. I need to loosen up? I mean, I can be quite crazy (but in a nerdy weird way I guess. Cos I don't drink or smoke or party) yet depends on the situation, I can be so stiff. This is the kind of situation where I'm so stiff. Talking to someone who is unpredictable.

So, when words of compliment actually came out from his mouth, I was a bit shocked. And happy. PTL!! Cos God knows I only do my research at school. 99% of them.

There are a lot of people whose brighter than me in class. And more diligent. And more passionate. Yet, I love what CP (one of our FA member) said. She studies design as well.

"I feel that I'm an ordinary designer. But I feel that God is going to do amazing things." Too many 'feel's for a sentence, but that's what she said as far as I can remember.

And it's true. I learnt so much from her. And this sentence has kept me strong. We are ordinary people, with an extraordinary God!

Zee and me in class! Happy ah.


.

Last night, I had a dream. I dreamt that my mom made a surprise 21st birthday party for me.

You know, turning 21 is a big deal. And I actually had to go to a meeting, ON MY 21st BIRTHDAY. So much for a birthday celebration. But still, Ghon dkk gave me a surprise just right before the meeting. Short and meaningful.

Because, as she told me afterwards, she planned to celebrate my Birthday during FA. And they've agreed, no FA that day, and just the celebration of my birthday. But I had to come to the meeting, so I've been telling her that I can't come to FA. But I guess she still had her hopes up until the day itself. And when it really turned out that I can't attend FA that day, all the plans was basically destroyed.

And that day, I remembered I needed to go to the Revenue House to make a Singpass or something, which was at Novena. And I had forgotten to charge my Blackberry, so battery was running low. To conserve battery, I turned my BB off, and turned it on once in a while just to check whether there are any messages.

So from the Revenue House, I went to Novena Square, which was really near. And from there, there was a direct bus to the meeting venue. In the toilet, I turned my BB on to check, and suddenly a call just happened to come in, from an unknown number. It was Ghon, and for the last time she confirmed that I can't come. So she asked me to go home straight away after meeting. (I guess the 'surprise' was supposed to be shifted to my house after my meeting.) I said OK. Then she asked me where I was, and I told her I was at Novena Square.

And she suddenly turned so excited! She said she just happens to be there too. She asked me to meet up at Burger King. I said OK. I was actually happy to meet her! At least I get to see someone dear to my heart during my birthday.

So I waited at BK. And I saw a bunch of my FA people coming with a little cake and candle from afar. I guess they planned to sneak in behind me and I just turned to face them at the wrong timing. So it was funnily awkward, waiting for them to come closer.

So when they reached, they sang happy birthday, and Ghon prayed for me, and I ate the cake. We talked for a while, and when 6 o clock came, I had to go for the meeting :( So there goes my birthday. May 9, 2012.





It was simple, but very meaningful. And I believe nothing just happens. Ghon didn't just happened to call at the right moment when I turned my BB on, which would only last like 10 seconds, and I'd turn it off again to conserve battery. And they didn't just happen to be in the same location as I was. It's all planned by Jesus, the God of all happenings. I miss Ghon a lot. Come back soon!

And in Indonesia, I only celebrated birthday with my big family 2 weeks after my real birthday. And no photos was taken that day. It felt like a normal lunch, really. And I didn't get to celebrate with my Surabaya friends. Because it was way too late anyway. I reached Surabaya at May 14. Which was a WEEK after my birthday, and I myself has lost the birthday hype.

Oh but on 15, we went to Platinum Grill, this very fancy fine dining restaurant to celebrate, just the 5 of us. It really was a nice dinner! But I still didn't feel like it was a birthday celebration. Maybe because I got no presents. I love presents!! Prefer them to Ang Baos. And yes, I still love the feeling of opening the wrapping paper, the excitement of wondering what's inside.. Btw Ce Joan gave me one!! Thanks Ce!!


They actually took a photo for us, framed it, and sent it to our house. Thanks Platinum Grill!



Me and 2 waitresses. Yes.
And a teddy on my plate.

So if anyone in Surabaya is looking for a romantic place to dine with, this is definitely the place.

And I didn't take any photos, even with my handphone. Just to immersed in the experience that I forgotten to take any pics. Well, took a very unflattering photo of my salad. But that's it.

.

So, back to my dream.
I don't know why, since my birthday was 3 months ago, but I had a dream of my 21st birthday. In my dream, my mom planned it for me. All planned and set, like when I was a kid. All set and done and I just needed to be there pretty.

In my dream, I dressed myself very beautifully. Yes, I thought I was pretty in MY OWN dream. Can right. And the whole family rode this veeeerrryyyy luxurious car. Like a black Rolls Royce or something.

seriouswheels.com


By the way, please imagine this in a movie-scene way. It was like that in my dream. So dramatic.

So, through the car window I saw this huge palace-like building. It was like a small palace. But it was still huge! And grand and beautifuuulllll!!!!! With spotlights shining from below, it was sooo pretty! I opened the car window and looked at it. Winds blowing my hair, imagine. It looked something like this.

horizonsunlimited.com

Then we went into the gates of the palace, and there was this row of palm trees with spotlights.. Preetayyy...

cutewallpapers.net

It wasn't in a straight line like this. It's rather in a curve, and the tone of the dream was blueish, not orange like this.

Anyway, we came down from the car, and I remembered I was so happy. I don't know if it's only because I was feeling pretty and celebrating my birthday party, or there was something else. Maybe I was attached. Maybe there's someone I liked. But even if it was true, I didn't see him in the dream.

I remembered walking through the hallway with my mom, and I was hiding from something. I can't remember. Maybe I was shy from seeing that guy. In my dream, my mom invited a lot of people

Then through the crowd I saw Cia2!

My mom invited her too and she came all the way from Australia!!! Immediately I ran to her and we were screaming and squealing like little girls. It's been so long since I last saw her!!!! I miss her a lot! In the dream and this very moment too.

In my dream, she had long straight hair, and she was wearing a white long dress. And we planned to have a sleepover. It was so fun!!! It was such a happy dream, I felt super happy! No school, no nothing. Just bloated happy.

Then I woke up.

I was a bit bummed that it was only a dream.

I told my mom about the dream, and she said that that will happen during my wedding. Hahaha can't imagine that. If it really happened just like in my dream, it would be so cool, wouldn't it?

Btw Bryan just celebrated his THIRTEENTH birthday. He's a teenage now!! Time flies. So here is him NOW. WIth his mustache and all.



..and here is him THEN.



Isn't he just the CUTEST thing ever??????? Look at those huge eyes and biteable cheeks!!! And the plump lips!!!! Ahh if only he could stay like that forever.

Big sister loves you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Btw does anyone knows where to find FIFA 13 for XBOX? I'm not sure if the name is even correct, but it's the latest FIFA game for XBOX. Please let me know k? He wants it. And he used to want toy guns :| He's grown up.

So TTYL! Byee!