The eve!

Today is December 24th!!!!!

Tonight will be Christmas Eve!!!

During my childhood, Christmas was a huge celebration in the international school I attended. We celebrated Christmas western style, and it was just extravagant. Cheerful, gleeful, it just gives you that happy feeling in your tummy. I didn't know what Christmas was or what to expect out of it. It was just meant to be fun and happy and vibrant, and I felt it.
However, I did leave that International school and went to normal Indonesian schools, where Christmas  celebrations was just numb and bland. Boring.

Yet, the impression I had of Christmas as a kid stuck on.
They say the first few years you experience when you start living will shape most of your character for the rest of your life. I agree.

Growing up, the reality of Christmas sadly starts to disappoint. Each year, you expect the day to come for so long, yet when it's time, it just comes and goes. You spend the day going to church, spending it with your friends or families, have a nice dinner, anything, but in the end of December 25th, it was always like, "just like that? It's over?" and you go back to normalcy until new year comes and goes again as well.

You (or I, to be fair) expect for the BOOM, yet the BOOM never happens.

Maybe I watch too much movies, where romantic climax happens on Christmas Eve. Where there were BOOMs everywhere. And year after year, throughout my teenage days, I've always been picturing romantic scenes happening to me during Christmas Eves. Being 21 now, I guess I'm old enough to conclude that BOOMs only happens in movies. Even when I had my one and only relationship so far back then, the long awaited BOOM didn't happen.

But. I'm a hopeless romantic. Especially on Christmas. I don't understand how the birthday of Jesus makes me feel romantic, but it does.
Yes, until now, I kept believing for something to happen, something huge enough to stir my feelings up.
My logic has come to terms that BOOMs will not happen, but my faith begs to differ. I believe Daddy Jesus CAN outdo my expectancy. I don't know how He will do it, but I know He can.

I know He can create better romantic scenes than the ones in movies.
If movies can tickle my feelings so much, more so Jesus! He Himself created romance, therefore He is the MOST ROMANTIC! Oh God, He knows what I want in my heart. He knows I have high hopes for Christmas.

I don't have a guy in my life yet. Therefore, this Christmas I spend only with my eternal lover, Jesus.
I haven't had any significant BOOMs yet, but I keep asking God that for Christmas, He will just sweep me off my feet and make me the happiest me I can be! So happy I could explode. That kind of happy. Better than the movies!

Until one day He lets me recognize that one son of His who He's graced with the capability sweep me off my feet as well. A guy I'm sure I'll be happiest with, a guy who this free spirit (ciyeh) can submit to, a guy who makes me a better woman.. (All inspired from Ce Joan..)

Then, the three of us will spend all the Christmasses (plural form of Christmas?) to come together!! We'll have fun and be happy and celebrate Jesus's birthday together, and experience all the BOOMs God directed!!!!!

So, happy 24th December!