New Year Thank Yous - Christine




We first met during FA at Ce Becky's Place in the beginning of 2011.


There's this girl who is very quiet, coming together with Mardian. Curly hair, glasses, and silence. We were introduced to each other, and her name is Christine.

Turns out she kept appearing during FA, and we became FA mates, from the days of FA Anda to FA Sekia now :)  


FA ANDA days.

I used to see her as the Novena Trio: Christine, Mardian, and Jansen. But mostly Mardian, for wherever he is, you'll most probably find her. They come in a set.

She is so quiet, only speaks when needed. And when she says something, it's what we Indonesians call "Singkat, padat, dan berisi." On point, means what it means. But somehow with Mardian, she talks a lot! I used to be curious with how with Mardian, she opens up. And I am one who has no confidence in my communicating skills, so I thought I had no hope with this girl.


Remember this? Teehee

However, I really liked her. Not like THAT, before all of you starts misinterpreting. I like how she doesn't try to impress people, she is just being herself all the time! During dinner together, if she feels sleepy, she would just sit there with her Ipod nano and sleep. We would talk talk talk and realize she isn't making any sound, and found out she would just be sitting there with her eyes closed, and sometimes really being asleep. So amusing!

I'm not going to drag on about how I was in the past (you can read it briefly here and here), but I was really insecure and my life was all about trying to impress people just to make me feel good. So for me with a background like that, watching someone completely oblivious of what people think of her is... Dazzling. I've always admired her for that.


SEKIA 1st FA!

One day, I was talking to Mardian, and he told me that Christine said she enjoyed talking to me. I can't begin to explain how pleasant that was to my ears. I mean, I would already be VERY happy if ANYONE said they enjoyed talking to me (no confidence in communicating skills, remember?), and on top of that, this comes from the girl who was always so quiet, whom I thought I had no hope of becoming close friends with. I was SO grateful to The Lord!

I think when you know someone is comfortable with you, you kind of open up more to them, you yourself become more comfortable around them. Since the day Mardian said that, I started to feel closer to her. I am more myself around her, because I know her judgement of me wasn't bad.

Since then, I feel we grew closer and closer. We learnt about "Grace" around the same time, so I feel I have a Grace-buddy: someone who will be on the same page with me when I talk about Grace, and not view me an extreme queer. 


Israel Houghton concert!

And because she studies design as well, anything design I would go to her (and Ce Joan and now, Matthew). It's a very good feeling knowing someone has the same interest as you :) She was God-sent! Yes, Ce Joan is a designer but she's a working designer. So having a fellow student designer around is very encouraging when you need it. (That's how I feel about Matthew too, who comes around about a year later, if you're reading :)) And she's kind of our church photographer. 9 out of 10 she'll take photos during church events. And she records videos for TLG news as well :D

She is always on time (the opposite of that being me), and I used to ask morning calls from her. And she always walks with a straight back and good posture!! Something the hunched back me wasn't able to do yet.


The DSLR Quality of her camera.

She's one who can put up and understand my weirdness. Her calmness counteracts my oddity. Cool headed, just so serene. Having her around just makes me happy and comfortable. She's one of the few people where I can feel comfortable and not awkward with when going out just the two of us. 

And when she opens up and tells me stories of her family, her daily life, her school work, her feelings.. It's something that I really love and enjoy. I really love those moments!! Everytime anyone does that, I am just so thankful to God that someone would trust and feel comfortable enough around me to tell all these "normal" things. Oh, these stuff where some people feel are very common, I don't take for granted at all. For someone who's had insecurity problems, I value these simple conversations so much.

A God-given precious sister. And no, turns out she's not that quiet at all. Once you clicked about a topic, she can blaaaaaabber. And we both like reading mangas!!! Not a lot of girls I know reads manga. We both love Hillsong, we like shopping (well most girls do), and most of all, we both are in Christ!! Loved by Jesus and knows it.

Latest photo as per now :)

I'm so thankful she's in my FA, in my life. God knows I need someone like her around :)

So, CP! See you around!! :D


***

2011 New Year Thank Yous:
Mardian
Glenn

Other friend stories:
Ghon
Sally
Chilwin