Feelin Twenty Two!!

So yes, my friends. I'm officially twenty two!

I turned 20 here, and 21 here.

And my birthday just happened on the worst timing possible. Well it could've been worse (like during WWII or something.) But still.

So my birthday happened on the last week before FYP submission. History has proven that the week before submission would be the craziest week ever for most of normal human being. I had planned to finish most of my FYP before my birthday so that I could enjoy that day, and still go to YRC on Saturday.

And my parents just decided to drop by in Singapore the Sunday before that last week.

So that Sunday morning (May 5th), my Whatsapp suddenly rang. It was my mom telling me that she was already at Din Tai Fung, Singapore's Paragon.

My grand master plan crumbled into pieces.

Later on she told me that they (mom and dad) purposely planned to keep their arrival a secret to surprise me, and they planned to stay until my birthday, which means most of the days of that week.

Do you know how it felt like? DO YOU?

Knowing that your parents are here and yet you can't spend time with them? And every time you spend time with them you can't enjoy it because you know you need to do a bunch of school stuff in which if you fail to do you might have nothing to submit hence you might FAIL SCHOOL?

I'm not saying I'm unhappy they came. Please don't judge me. I was happy! But if you were in my shoes, you would understand.

I feel bad for them. They planned a surprise and it failed miserably. They came at the worst time ever. Sigh.

So the whole of Sunday (which I had planned to dedicate the day to do my homework) was spent with them. Very little progress on homework. Which made me feel terrible.

Hurricane of feelings behind that smile of mine.


Anyway. Monday I spent the whole day at home. Tuesday I went to class, then had dinner with them. Wednesday, my birthday eve, went to class, and another dinner with them afterwards.

We booked a place at The White Rabbit, some fancy smanshy fine dining restaurant at Dempsey. It really was pretty! Their steaks were really good! But I guess it's more to the experience rather than the food.

It used to be a chapel, this place. It really was very nice.

Their interior. It's a bar you see there.

The other side of the interior.

Menu and glasses. It was sparkling water.
The bread.

I don't know if you can see this, but it was some lobster soup. Quite nice lah was ok.

The main. Pan fried pigeon.

Dessert. Pear something.

OOTD!

Dad invited grandma, and turned out she couldn't eat any western non-rice food. She didn't eat much. So we wrapped things up pretty early cos she was hungry.

My parents were supposed to go home on Friday, but knowing my situation, they changed it to Thursday, so I could concentrate on assessment. Very understanding lah them :)

**

Midnight was reserved for Jesus. Nearing midnight, I shut off the mobile data of my iphone and put the thing to silent. Ended 21 with God, started 22 with God. Perfect :)

At 1 am, Ghon called me, making her officially the first wisher I responded to. We talked for about an hour before she finally went to bed. So sweet of her :) SHe slept at 2 and she's got work the next day.

**

The next day, the Wild Ones prepared a surprise at school!!

At Dhoby, I whatsapped Zie, in case she was near, so that we can walk to school together. Her whatsapp stated that she was online, but she wasn't replying. I kind of thought something was up, but I was never sure with my intuition, so I didn't bother much and walked to school alone.

In our Wild Ones whatsapp group, they said that we are going to eat at Zenso. But by the time I reached Zenso, noone was there and I was carrying a lot of stuff, so I thought I would put them in class, and walk to eat together with them.

I was about to enter the class when Huyen and Zie blocked my way. Now I knew something was definitely up :D They took my bag and all my stuff and put it in class for me. Then we (Wild Ones minus Feli) headed to Zenso for lunch. BUT. Something (or someone) made us change our mind, and we ate at the Gold Thai Food next to it.

After lunch, we went back to class, and when I opened the door, I could hear Taylor Swift's 22 playing, and Feli was there hiding behind the wall playing the song on her phone for me :D

AND. The class had turned very romantic. Lights were turned off, and there were balloons everywhere, and in the center of the balloons were a box of cupcakes with a candle on it. It really was childishly romantic! I love stuff like these!

They put a crown on me, made me wear this pink thing around my neck, and made me hold this pink wand. I know it's super cheesy but I LOVE IT. HAHA!

Made my wishes, blew the candles, and took a lot of pics!! I was so happy.


The crown, the wand, and the pink thing.

The cupcakes, a repeated pic, and the girls! And a bonus Jess' hot leg shot.

Excuse the face. I was very happy!

Paparazzos!

If any of my girls are reading, THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!! Thank you for planner Zie and Huyen hence the successful event!! Who knows what might happen if Jess planned it? :p

Ate the cupcakes, and back to work straight away. Celebration over.

Oh by the way, just to remind myself, that day we took pics for Huyen's project as well. We were all wearing white :D

**

Honestly didn't make much progress at all that day, but I had already decided that just for that day, I shall not bother about homework.

Cepe arranged a meetup at 5, so a few minutes before 5 I left class. Cepe was already waiting at the TCC below NAFA. When I reached, Ce Joan and Fena was there as well :D Cepe and Ce Joan bought me presents!!

Cepe knew I wanted this book real bad. And she got it for me!!! :D Thanks Por!!!!!!!

Inside was a letter written by Cepe. You're so precious!! Thanks :,)

Ce Joan bought this GORGEOUS bouquet of red roses that I was supposed to carry around the whole day. It was such a beauty.

Survived a few long days before it eventually died. Look at them!! Beautiful!

We went to Cathay to play a few games of pool. I think we were waiting for dinner time. Fena and Cepe were first timers!! And the last game was me vs Ce Joan, and I won!! Can't believe it.

YES. I'M WEARING SHORTS UNDERNEATH.
It's the ANGLE people.

So around 8, we left, took a bus towards Orchard. They made me guess where we were going, and when I saw Far East, I guessed Saveur, and I was right!

So when I walked in, Ce Joan took out her Iphone and started recording. I knew something was up. There was this corner at Saveur which is a blind spot from the entrance. When I turned to the corner, I saw (most of) Sekia, and they decorated the table so pretty!! There were heart balloons tied to roses along the table, and in the center of them all, a chocolate cake and tea candles arranged to form my name!! It was such a beautiful view :,) And there was a pop up card by Fian with a JEREMY LIN pic on it. I was so happy!

Ko Ceka took this AWESOME shot when I just walked in.. It really is beautiful :D Thanks ko!
And we got a pretty cameo there ;)

So romantic!!

BTS. Before I came.

So I repeated my wish and blew the candles on the cake. As for the tea candles, they made me blow from a distance. I think I did not bad! Blew a lot of them off at the first blow. But blowing the few remaining was pretty tough. So I gave up and blew it from a closer distance.

Making my birthday wish. Cameo still there.

Attempting to blow the KIM candles.
And yes, cameo still there judging.

Sat at the center of te table, and all of us ordered dinner. I ordered their Duck Confit and it was REALY GOOD. You should try it!

Then there was the first cake, and the one and only rule is that the recipient must be an Adam. So I made a mini contest: asked them why they deserved the first cake. In the end it was Fian. His Jeremy Lin card beat them all.

Yes, husband. Still waiting for the day we shall meet.

Presenting the honor.

The night ended early. Kids needed to go home. Married woman needed to go home. Working adults needed to go home. We were left with me, Ko Nathan, and Cepe. But we managed to snap a few pics beforehand!

She needed to go the earliest. Married life :)

Dearest Ghon! She came after work.

Cepe who came early!

Fena! Came early AND after work.

Take my fats will ya Vid!

Pretty Cocow :)

Two mothers of the Curtin gang.
Thanks for coming early and reserving the place!

Curtin gang subordinate. Handy was missing!

Ko Ceka, Ghon, me, Mat, and Ko Natan.
At this point, Ko Natan just came from his meeting. Thanks ko!

NOTE HIS FEET.

Me, Cepe, and Ko Nathan went to pee at Scotts Square before we head home.
Cepe managed to snap this pic!

I decided to take a cab, because I was carrying a lot of stuff, and Cepe and Ko Nath accompanied me until I got one. We waited at Marriott and it took forever. Never wait at Marriott's taxi stand. Ever.

Thanks beloveds!


**

I got home pretty clean. The celebration was pretty civilized, I was expecting a little more torture. Last two years they covered me with whipped cream! And I didn't get to meet with the Nobars.

Regardless, I was sincerely happy :)

And Jamie and Jasmine jie got me presents! OPI nail polishes!! Thanks jies!!

And just like that, May 9th was over. :)

:)


**

You might think this post is over with the end of May 9th. So did I. But we were both wrong.

During the second day of our Bible Camp (May 18th, 9 days after my birthday), we had a game session. It was outdoors, and we were meant to ger down and dirty. At the end of the session, my group members were all pretty wet and covered with flour.

I was talking with Ce Joan when she suddenly held my hand, and her focus shifted to somewhere behind me. Before I could turn to see what she was looking at, cold water was pouring all over me from behind! And it was no sprinkle, it was a downpour of a huge bucket of water they used for the games! I don't know how many buckets they had cos the water just kept coming!

I said I was pretty wet already right? Now I'm soaked. All flour is gone, which kinda helped, but it looked like I had drowned or something.

I was wondering why I was the only one getting the water treatment, and later on I found out that it was meant to still celebrate my birthday. I was left unharmed on my actual birthday, and so here comes the harming. And since the ones who poured all those waters were members of Nobar (Ko Shandy and Anes, if I'm not mistaken), so I take it as my birthday was finally celebrated with them also :D

I'm really touched that they still bothered to "celebrate" my birthday though it was a few weeks late.. Really I am :) Eventhough it was just baptizing me once again.. It really was the thought that counts!

So in the end,
thanks Daddy God!
Thanks mami and papi! Though the surprise failed but I love the effort :)
Thanks Ghon! For arranging over and over! My schedule was tough but you guys made it work!
Thanks Cepe! I loved your letter and your present!!
Thanks Ce Joan and Fena for coming early!
Thanks Fian for the Jeremy Lin card!!!
Thanks Wild Ones for the cheese arrangement and celebration at school!
Thanks Sekia! Those who came so early to book the place, I know Saveur don't do reservations.. Also to those who came after work and school, thanks!!
Thanks Ko Nathan for still coming back after your meeting! And for accompanying me till I got a cab!
Thanks for the ones who baptized me during Bible Camp!
Thanks for my family for the present and ang baos!
Thank you for all who wished me Happy Birthday :)

Ok a lot of exclamation mark there. I'm excited again.

Good night!