A tiny birthday detail

Was suddenly reminded of this. Somehow forgotten to include this on my birthday post.

I was in the train on my birthday, about to go to school, thinking of how the day would turn out. A lot of work still left to be done, but at the same time I wanted to enjoy the day. I felt like a bulldog's face.

Then Ko Dachan messaged me on fb, wishing me happy birthday. I thanked him and stuff and blurted out to him how it's my birthday yet I need to rush school stuff and it's hectic and pretty sad.

He said "it's gonna be ur last bday with peer." 

It's simple and wise, really. It made me see the whole situation from another point of view. Instead of dreading the fact that I might not enjoy it as much, I suddenly saw it as a unique moment that would never happen again anymore! Never in a situation where 40% of my work isn't done and submission is within 4 days. Never again with that lack of sleep. Never again with that heartache. Never again with the rush. Never again in school studying BA. Never again! (and a big AMEN TO THAT. I don't want any of those anymore)
And suddenly the day seemed better. I kinda saw the bigger picture of things.

So I guess things that happen in life depends on how you look at it.

Look at the bigger picture; words of wisdom from me. And the biggest picture you can look at? Eternity. Now is just a part of eternity. It will soon pass and shall not be pondered upon, says the bible. Don't cuddle too long with it. Life goes on bringing fresh stuff from God! 

That's it for today and now I shall read my book and hope it seduces me to bed.
Night!
phoenix chix said...

lol i'm glad to hv a tiny part in this tiny detail.

yes.. having our eyes on eternity makes a whole lotsa difference indeed.

Unknown said...

haha trima kasih atas kata2 bijaknya ko