Brimlyke?

I decided to change my blog name.

Though I still love Hillsong's "Like an Avalanche" which was the reason behind my previous blog name, I always had this creeping feeling in my gut that it was not purely mine.

So I've been looking around for names that I like to represent myself, and came up with "Brimlyke"!
It is not a proper English word, so it kinda has no proper meaning.

But there are reasons why I like it. 

First, it's an anagram of my name. So, it's mine and only mine.

Second, it is formed out of two words, "brim" and "lyke".


brim
Fill or be full to the point of overflowing: "a brimming cup"; "seawater brimmed the riverbanks".

lyke
Archaic spelling of like.


I like the meaning of "brim". The meaning of it is something often heard in relationships with Jesus. To be filled with the Holy Spirit to the point of overflowing. To be filled with favor to the point of overflowing. To be filled with blessing, joy, peace, (fill in the blank with God's promises), to the point of overflowing! Brimming with Jesus! I like the vibe it gives.

In case you are wondering, "archaic" means (1) Very old or old-fashioned; (2) No longer in everyday use but sometimes used to impart an old-fashioned flavor. So, our "like" might come out from "lyke". 

So, you have words like "childlike", where it means like a child, I have a "brimlike/brimlyke" life where it means so overflowing in Jesus like a brimming cup!

I don't know if it makes sense, but whatever it means behind, it is weird and personalized and made out of the letters of my name, and I like the way it sounds. And that's enough reason for it to be made the name of my blog.

Anyway. Posts of London coming up soon! See ya!


kent sutjipto said...

haha omg. brimlyke is a super creative blog name kim. me gusta :)

Unknown said...

waaa kamsa hamnidaa! :D