City Plaza Trip!

I found out this Youtube channel recently. It's called Clothes Encounters.
And I'm pretty obsessed with the channel and it's owner, Jennifer Im. She's SO PRETTY!! Argh maybe I'll do a post about her later. Ilovehershesgorgeous!!!!!!!

So she goes around thrift shops and find good items and style them and shows it on her channel. And I like her taste a lot! And watching her makes ME want to shop!

So on Wednesday (that's July 11th), me and Jiin went shopping together!

Wong Jiin

It's been ages since we last really talked together, due to our FYP and stuff. We had lunch at NEX's Graffiti cafe and caught up with each other's life.

Then we went to Salvation Army Family Thrift Store at Upper Serangoon. But didn't last long and did not get anything. I kind of expected the ambience but Jiin wasn't inspired. And it's no fun when your buddy wasn't enjoying it so we left for City Plaza! Yes, that building which color palette is sickeningly eye catching.



We had a budget of S$50 each (which would buy us a lot of things if we were to go to a thrift shop I believe). Jiin took me to 3 of her favorite shops there. She's been there so often so I had complete trust on her lead.

The first shop was at level 3, it was called SKIM. I remember I went there before with Melisa 2 years ago. I didn't get anything there, but Jiin bought 2 items.

*Try guessing the prices of the items! Answers in the end of the post. See how close is your estimation!


Jiin 1: Bag

How the inside looks.



Jiin 2: Dress


The dress suites her really well! If I were to wear it, it would become a top due to my super long torso.
In this shop, Jiin spotted a dress for me, and it suites me quite well. But my motto was always: "Look around first." Who knows you find something you like more? 

I think her's was more to: "Like it? Grab it while you can."

The second shop was a blogshop, and I didn't check the name out. It was also on the third floor in a corner. Jiin yet again spotted a vintage looking dress (she has a good eye. If I were to see it hanging on the rack, wouldn't pick it up.) It looked good! But again, I went with my motto, and left the shop to look around some more.

The third shop was on level 2 (I think) and there was a corner where they have a 3 for S$40 promotion, which makes it around S$13.3 per piece. But no trying. I dug in and found this blazer:


Kim 1: Blazer

I've been looking for a blazer that fits for a loooooooooooooooong time. But it's pretty hard to find one that looks good on me due to my longer torso and shorter legs (still hoping for a miracle ToT.)

I've had 3 blazers so far. 

One I bought out of impulse in Indonesia around 4 years back. And because I was so keen on having a blazer, and the fact that it was pretty cheap (around Rp 80.000 / S$11), it was almost as if I couldn't see the fact that it was too SHORT for my torso. When I tried it again at home I regretted it completely.

The second one I bought at a flea market. The length was nice but the cutting isn't, which I couldn't predict before since there was no mirror during at the flea. And the material makes it look very.... un-iron-ed.

Third one I bought at Bysi. Was too tight around the armpit area. I think it's just too small. But somehow I was blinded during buying as well. I'm a terrible shopper.

So when I saw this one, it was kind of a gamble as well since we're not allowed to try. The length was nice, I was more worried about the fit. But since it was S$13, I went for it. We'll see how it fits! Then Jiin (AGAIN) spotted a dress for me:


Kim 2: Top/dress

I liked it because of the arm. It's from a different material, I don't know what it is. It looks leather like, but it's definitely not leather. It kind of stretches. Anyone knows what it's called? There was 2 choices of color: Black and grey. But we went with the grey. The shop lady also suggested grey.

To complete the set of 3, Jiin bought this:


Jiin 3: Cropped top

The material I've never seen before. It's this metallic rigid thing.. I have no idea. And she's SO BRAVE to pick it up!! I wouldn't, for sure. Too shiny. I applaud her.

So, since we found no other dress we liked better than the one on the 3rd lever shop, we went back and bought it:


Kim 3: Dress

And that's the end of our City Plaza trip!! :D Such a great day.

But I still feel like buying some accessories. So we went back to NEX to look around, and it's easier for both of us to part our way there. I can take a direct bus home and she can take the purple line back home.

Diva was having a sale, so we went there. I was looking for a short necklace, cos I have a lot of long ones, and (yet AGAIN) Jiin spotted this awesome elephant necklace. It's so bold and unique, I LOVE IT.


Kim 4: Necklace

Suddenly wondering why a necklace is called a neckLACE. Does it used to be made of lace or something? Am I asking a dumb question?

A closer look.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


So! Have you been guessing the prices of the items?? Here are the REAL prices!!

Jiin items
  • Jiin 1, Bag: S$25
  • Jiin 2, Dress: S$8 (!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Jiin 3, Cropped Top: 3 for S$40 (With my blazer and dress/top, which makes each item about S$13)


Kim items
  • Kim 1, Blazer: 3 for S$40 / S$13
  • Kim 2, Dress/top: 3 for S$40 / S$13
  • Kim 3, Dress: S$23
  • Kim 4, Necklace: S$6

I know I went over my budget by S$5, but I was very happy with what I got. We were both happy :)
I obviously need to train my eyes in spotting good buys. Jiin's like a pro. Hahaha! So yeah, fun day!!

There goes my July 11th. TTYS!



On top of NEX! Panorama courtesy of my new NEX 5D!
(Just realized that the NEX shopping mall and Sony NEX has the same name!)