New Year Thank Yous - God

My first encounter with Jesus begins at the early age of around 6, introduced by my mom when she became my mother, cos she’s a Catholic.


Then, I guess I heard more about Jesus from school, during the religion subject.


.


When I was around 8, I suffered from typhus, and therefore stayed in bed the whole day for days. Found nothing to do, bored by everything I’ve been doing, I suddenly decided to read the Bible (which I got from Komuni Pertama), which has always been lying around in my room but never touched. I read the first few chapters of Genesis.



After a few days, I notice in my heart that I feel peace. An 8 year old, for the first time felt a different kind of peace. I didn’t understand how it was there, I was just reading stories of the start of the earth and mankind and the big flood and boring genealogies.. After a few days, the typhus git worse and I needed to be hospitalized. Lost contact with my bible since then.


.


Around 9 or 10, I remember one night, I just got scolded by my dad (and mom I think), and I was crying on bed at night. Emoing on how miserable my life was (my dad beats me up a lot back then). I cried myself to sleep a lot at that age. Then out of nowhere, this Jesus appeared in my mind, and I remembered from the books I read and religion lessons at school that this Jesus is a Father, and that He loves me. (Now I know it’s the Holy Spirit working.) But by then, I only know I felt loved. That if my dad and mom hated me, I have this other Dad which is God and I know He loves me. The feeling of being loved at that moment was overwhelming that my cry changed from a cry of sorrow to a cry of feeling undeservingly loved. I told Jesus how I felt. That was the first time I actually talked to the Lord. I fell asleep smiling with tears that night.


I kept talking to Him for a few days, or even weeks. Everywhere. At school, during lessons, in the car, especially at nights. I can’t wait for bed time cos that’s when I can talk to Jesus freely to sleep. This was when I was 9 or 10. Don’t underestimate how early your children can learn and feel Christ. It’s NEVER too young to start.


But I didn’t read the bible, didn’t go to any church, noone helped me to get to know this Jesus better and after some time, the passion faded and I was back feeling lost.


.


Sec 1, I had a classmate named Gisella. One day, there was this crusade for teens by Mawar Sharon Church and she gave me an invitation.



I had no idea what a crusade was but I decided to come. There, I was exposed for the first time to people speaking in tongues. I’ve only heard of the concept, but never hear ppl actually speaking it. But I wasn’t afraid, and somehow I know without anyone telling me that this was the ‘speaking in tongues’ the bible was saying. That day, I was exposed to Jesus in such a different way then how I was exposed to Him growing up. It was lively and exciting, not boring and all rituals. He was so alive! I responded to the altar call, and wanted to continue attending whatever they have to offer, hungry for more.


But due to some reasons, eventually I didn’t continue attending the sunday school. (Eventually I found out that it was a sunday school) And again I lost contact with Jesus.


.


At the age of 17, I was in a relationship. I thought I had it all. My long life mission uptil then was to have a boyfriend and now I have one. A kind, funny, loving one with an interesting history to tell.


But instead, I felt empty. A huge emptiness that even my relationship cannot fill in. Somehow, I know back then, I needed a god, a religion. Any will do. Just to fill in the spiritual side of life. And I remembered the Jesus I encountered years ago. My heart was naturally drawn to Him, and I begin looking around for a church. Any church.


I planned to walk around asking random schoolmates if they could take me to their church, and eventually I was asking Leo, a good friend of mine. When I was addressing to him that I needed a church, Ghon (by now everyone should know who she is) just happened to pass by behind me. Leo called her, and told her that I was looking for a church. And she seemed very thrilled (now I know why. A random girl asking to know about Jesus out of nowhere. I would be so happy to encounter that experience), and offered me to go to her church, which happens to be Mawar Sharon Church, the church I went to at sec 1.


That same Sunday, Ghon take me to church (Fire of God satellite), and that day I fell in love all over again with Jesus, and this time I plan to never ever let go of Him again. That day, I received Jesus as my personal God and savior, and forever saved. It was July 27, 2008. The very next week, I got baptized :D



This satellite was my first family in Christ. 




  • FOG back then :D

.


It’s been over 3 years now since the day, and it was such a journey with Jesus! I can’t thank Him enough of the fact that He suffered bad and died for me (us), just so that He can be with me forever and ever in heaven, the fact that He caught me at His perfect timing, never left me through my ups and downs, everything that He IS, and what He’s done, I am thankful!!!


He restored my relationship with my family, changed me from the inside out, gave me friends in Him..



  • S43, when I first moved to Singapore


  • FOG, still my family when I come home during holidays :D


  • The first time friends ever surprised me at my home on my birthday (it’s the 19th).. And it’s by B19!! And it’s during my holidays from Singapore :D sweet ah.. Appreciate the time and effort!!


  • early days in TLG


  • FA ANDA!!


  • a later FA ANDA


  • beloved beloved people who took time to celebrate my birthday :’) I love you beyond words!


  • Early FA SEKIA.. 1st FA :D


  • Most complete pic of Sekia so far!

.


Most of all, gave me Himself!



  • From this..


  • To this..

And now being with me all the time through the Holy spirit :)


So the first post of this New Year Thank Yous series is dedicated to Jesus Christ!


.


More coming up! :D


G Nite!