online ranting

rant |rant|


verb [ intrans. ]


speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way


.


In this whole post, rant = ranting my negative thoughts


I have been ranting online since I know it’s doable. It gets worse after I get to Singapore. I rant about schoolworks or the weather or being tired.. But the worst is when I rant about other people..


I have been doing it.. And there’s this particular person that I often rant about (verbally and online) until this one person got so famous.. (S43 ppl especially should know.. hahaha)


.



(I know it’s not that bad but I don’t want to show off rants that are worse >.>)


.


Ranting online gives a certain relieve.. It’s like, I’m not ranting to a particular person so there’s no awkwardness and I’m not wasting anyone’s time, but at the same time it felt like I have shared it to the whole world (and somehow telling the world that you are miserable made me feel kinda cool?) However, it doesn’t last long, that feeling.


Until one day I was ranting about my *cough* dad, it went kinda bad I think until my leader Ko Petrus had to stop me on twitter. That moment I realize that ranting online is actually stupid.


Broadcasting to the world how I’m bothered by someone, how I can’t handle the situation, how things aren’t going my way, how this how that why this why that, when we are called to be light to the world and salt to the earth.. Unwise.


I then usually feel bad (although mostly I don’t mention people’s names when I rant about them), or guilty, or disappointed at myself (I shouldn’t have posted it that way.. Or maybe shouldn’t have posted at all), I usually regret it.


Mostly it’s just emotions and after I cooled down, I realize the situation wasn’t that bad at all. If the rant was pretty bad I would delete it. However, someone must have read it *confident*, and that’s one person exposed to my unpleasant tweet.


The image you create of yourself when you rant, I can say, probably wouldn’t be too good. Once in a while ok la since we’re human.. But if it keeps going on everyday, people might see you as a complainer (and it’s actually tiring to hear people complain all the time. Reminds us of the Israelites in the bible, not?) If you’re the type of person tho actually doesn’t care about what people thinks of you then good for you! haha I’m not though.


And when you badmouth people (clarification. badmouth=posting your negative thoughts of others), especially when you don’t mention any names, might seem safer, but it’s not. Here’s why. Say if I read your tweet, I would’t know if it’s for me or not, and it’s creepier since it might just be me and you’re acting all nice in front of me. Those kind of stuff.


I’m not saying you can’t express yourself. Just make sure when you do it, your mind is clear and you’re not under the influence of any negative emotions cos usually it does more harm than good, and just leads to regret. Lesson learnt from personal experiences.


.



In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.


Matthew 4:4 (NIV)



Yes we can be angry, but dont let it control us. Calm yourself down first, don’t sin. Lesson learnt from Sally.


.



A drawing of her made in 09. Lol!


So yeah.. Something happened just now and I was sooooooo tempted to rant but then all this came to me..


Oh, and meditating myself to calm down usually doesn’t work (*breathe in* calm down, Kim… calm down *breate out*) Focusing on Jesus and realizing He’s inside me works better. (Learnt in FA)


Ok fin! and God bless!