day 7- talk about your idol and how they influence you

the questions are seriously getting boring.


someone i look up to and respect so much would be my pastor Philip Mantofa. (not TOP lol)


website: www.philipmantofa.com


short autobiography:


was a frail kid. wore iron shoes when he was an infant coz legs were weak. sexually harassed by his teacher when he was younger. (is this too vulgar? btw you can find all this info in his book ‘Before 30’). knew Jesus since his youth, but has never really had a real relationship with Him. Like how I know Obama is the president of America.


Bitterness and disappointment led him to occultism. He would experience trances, and by the day it gets more out of control. when he was angry, he would lose his conscious thoughts and when he regained it back, he would see 5-10 people collapsed around him, beaten (when he lost consciousness, evil spirits would enter his body and does the attacking). He would hear terrifying voices. 3 times he planned to commit suicide, 3 times God made them fail. (this was only a puny part of his actual experience, i took a bit from his book)


2 weeks after the last suicide attempt, he went to church. There was an altar call, and he planned to leave. and when he was reaching for the door, he heard an audible voice (not something you hear in your heart, this is something you hear with your physical ears) “Philip! If you are not saved today, you will be lost forever!”. It was God’s voice.


He ran to the front (inside the church, not outside), cried like a small child. Not long after, he saw a very bright light, nothing else, not even a sound (there were people singing at that time). Suddenly behind that light he heard a voice, a very clear audible voice, speaking in english.


“I am Jesus and I love you!”


he cried


“Why?” The Lord didnt answer. “Lord! Let me die for You! I am not worthy!”


“No! But live for me!”


Afterwards, in the period of 40 days, The Lord freed him from the evil spirits bounding him.


Now, he is my beloved pastor. Has bought hundreds of thousands of soul to Christ, and has a huge role in my journey of repentance. I admire his relationship with God. It is so romantic! and not to mention he is tall (over 180 i think.. 185? 190?) and handsome hahahahaa. I also admire his love story with his wife, ce Irene. Such a devoted husband, he liked her at first sight (she was 14, he was a bit older)! and has been loyal to her ever since. its like she is the only woman in his life (besides his mom of course).


However, I know he’s still a human being with flaws. As much as I admire him, i dont worship him. Furthermore all those entertainers who I may seem to like so much. i just like them.


I dont let people i admire determine who i am. learn from them, learn from their mistakes, and thats all.


morning people



honestly speaking i’ve never seen any pastor this chio :D