Surabaya part 2

Heylo.

My original 3 weeks break plan was stretched to over a month due to immigration stuff. 
I am a singaporean, with a red passport with a pink IC, but I grow up in Indonesia. You can say I'm somekind of an Indonesia PR. People in Singapore just mistook me for an Indonesian. Sometimes I'm just lazy to correct them so I just let it be. But here's the whole truth so don't get confused.

It has almost been an annual thing now, this immigration stuff. I needed to renew my 'Exit Permit' each year around this time of the year. If it's overdue, I won't be allowed to enter Indonesia. 

Growing up here, my dad has always taken care of this renewal thing, and it never mattered how long it took cos I'm staying here anyway. Now that I'm only back for a short period of time once every few months, it's starting to disturb. Two years ago, I needed to skip 2 first weeks of year two due to this matter. And now, I needed to skip all meetings with Phunk and the Gradshow briefing. I even needed to skip Bible Camp. Hhhh...

Anyway.

I intend to take a break from anything design this holiday. The first half of this year has been design-hectic. It's all design design design and I was so tired of it. So I took a break. And I enjoyed that break. And I guess I still want that break. Cos the idea of coming back to Singapore and having the gradshow.. Is not appealing AT ALL. The committee has worked hard, I basically only need to design a namecard and print an A0 board. But even that, I don't feel like doing.

This break I want as little as possible to do with anything Singapore. No offense to anyone. I just needed a break. So, I don't check my email often, since I wasn't expecting a lot of emails. So, when earlier this morning I got the news of all this gradshow thing, my mood went sour and I guess my brain just shut down. I didn't feel like doing anything, I didn't want to do anything. I don't know. Why am I so tired of design? I hope I recover soon.

By the way, my mom is currently in the process of releasing an album. It's a religious album. She creates all the songs in it with my uncle. It will be on the shelves of DiscTarra. So, you can check it out!

Aiko has also taken part in this children karaoke album with a bunch of other kids. I don't know when it's out, but we just did the shooting in Batu a few days back. I tagged along, and as a result kena masuk angin, and threw up all the way back from Batu to Surabaya. Imagine the torture of how uncomfortable it was, being nauseous for that long. But it was a fun trip :)

So. Talk to you soon! I hope to post more once I'm back in Singapore. The internet connection here makes me lazy to go online. Seeyou!