UP!

Just attended a BCS Youth aka TLG Bible camp, 28-29 May 2011 with the theme “UP”



It is indescribable but I’ll try my best to describe.


It cannot be put into just one simple word. It’s awesome. refreshing. full of blessings. recharging. fun. unexpected. tangible. hyped. exciting. important. bonding. life changing (not the getting a million dollar type. it’s so reserved but crucial). touching. argh!


I don’t think chronological details are important. Lets skip it. I’ll just blabber about what I feel.


On the bus, joking with ce Kenny as the ‘leader’ started the hype. Before, we were so quiet and civilized. All so ladies and gentlemen. Then I forgot what started it, we started joking and throwing dry jokes and asking dry questions, but it was so funny. I tried to imitate ko Andri telling the “Bakso Setan, Jendela Biru, and Siomay Setan”, but imitation will never compare to the real deal. Also tried “Misteri 3 bola pingpong”. Oh my image…. hahaha


Then I moved to the back and played capsa with Philip, Ko Iie, and Ce Jenita. You know, I feel that playing capsa somehow bonds people in a way. Especially the King Slave version. I realized that Philip was so sweet, offering his drink when he knew I was thirsty. Simple geesture, touches hearts. (Guys learn from him k.) We also played ‘ceblek nyamuk’ when we reached. Wenny and Gary.. epic fight sia.. Gary you were lucky. If only ko Hendra didn’t disturb, Gary (the final loser) would’ve said something very heart warming to Ko Ceka. Tsk.


One thing I have to highlight. The Praise and Worship (PAW) was AMAZING. AMAZING. RAD. People who jumped, you would really feel the double impact. HAPPY! YOUTH! I cannot hold myself from jumping anymore now (Shy what? Embarrassed what?) I mean, it’s not about the jumping, you are absolutely free to express yourself. But I think jumping for God is FUN!!!


Who says all churches are boring? Or God is boring and old fashioned? A church full of young people with a passion for The Lord is FULL OF FIRE!!! We ROCK for our LORD!! The happiness of praising Jesus is overwhelming, I cannot help myself!! Try it, people. Trust me, people dont pay attention that much (didn’t you see all of them were enjoying themselves? I do realize more and more people jump as the PAW goes on. Guess they can’t hold themselves back too >:D) you won’t regret it. It’s addictive. A good addiction.


Session 1 and 2 is preached by Ps. Sapta from Palembang. There are lots of revelation revealed, and what God’s message through him was very strong, important and crucial I think. It’s a strong base for our faith in Jesus. And he’s so funny hahhaa! Not boring at all. Noone I knew felt sleepy. All glory goes to God.


I admire how he’s flexible with his message. He prepared something beforehand, but then God told him to share on another thing, and he just followed. And following what God orders never results in any bad. A good example of sensitiveness towards the Holy Spirit, and a complete surrender to God.


Session 3 and 4 was shared by Ko Harun. He’s so funny laa hahaha his face is a smiling face. Like smiling all the time. The sessions had a more relaxed vibe. But the prayer time that followed.. Whoohhh…. God works amazingly. Encounters happened. People cried bad, some not that bad, some didn’t. But God was strong that night. I know people are touched, and I know something in them has changed. Jesus is amazing. His touch is amazing. His presence is.. *thinking for a word..* I don’t know.. It’s peaceful yet I feel something is about to explode from my chest, like you cannot contain it. I can feel He’s big.


More on the PAW team:


  • Philip (again) jumping while playing guitar. Gosh, you could see how he’s enjoying it!!! Looking at him like that somehow makes me soooo happy too!! I think excitement and joy is contagious!

  • And seeing him (again) with his smaller female version, JenTjung, and Glenn (and another guy too but I don’t know who he is so didn’t pay much attention) handling their flags.. ARGH I feel SO hyped and happy and excited!! Swinging their flags around with their complicated moves, jumping around, with a smile on their faces! That smile and enjoyment!!! Seeing them so happy serving makes me so happy praising!! And I’m not curious why they serve with such joy. The God we worship is that amazing :)

  • And our very own Mykey!!! Handling the drum like that! He always suddenly somehow seems so cool when he’s on the drums. That small chicken little can be so all out hitting those drums!!! Those strong beats at the beginning of the praise (or fast as Ko Willy says) songs puts a happy smile on my face when I’m jumping praising!!

  • Then during the bridge, Bern rocks the guitar melody like mad!!! I remember in “Take it all” and “What the world will never takes” Soooo cool!!! The tune keeps repeating in my head. I know I kept saying “cool” but human language is so limited!! I can’t express it any other way!! It’s like a huge bunch of joy and excitement exploding all the time listening and watching them play!!

  • And knowing that they do it all for our Lord Jesus completes my joy!! :) On top of all their coolness, God is the coolest!!!

It’s very fulfilling (I don’t care if this is even the wrong word to use) to know that we don’t sing for nothing, that we don’t jump for nothing, that we don’t hit the drums with all our strength for nothing, that we don’t strum and pick the guitar will all our God given skills for nothing, that we don’t play the keyboard for nothing, that our thumb and middle finger tire handling the base is not for nothing.. They are not empty sounds. They are music played full of gratitude praising our GOD! We do all that for the One and only One deserving!! And knowing that He watches and listens and delights over it, how FULFILLING! How SATISFYING!! How it brings JOY!


And praising God as a whole! As His beloved children! As a FAMILY! It just adds up to it!!! I thank God that He puts me here in TLG. I feel a sincere acceptance from this family in Christ. And I know something’s different here. It’s not a group of human being running the place, it’s The Living God Himself. That’s why, through hardships and processes happening, with myself and others, I don’t want to leave this family of Christ. I like the idea of growing stronger together, of overcoming hardships and bonding more in God together, seeing God’s works together.. Isn’t it exciting? And comforting? And encouraging? Heaven yeah!!


Then after reaching Singapore, after the retreat, I ate dinner at Botak Jones with Ghon, Mikey, Ko Nathan, Donna, Ce Becky, Ce Stephanie, Ko Ivan, Ce Siska, and later joined by Ko Hendry. And I realized I mostly mingle around only with my own FA. Just now at Botak Jones, I had a LOT of fun!!! Joke around like crazy, laugh until my head hurts, eventhough at first I was a bit moodless, it turned like literally 180 degrees. It opened my eyes that there’s more to TLG that I’m not exposed to yet. There are more things in store that God has for us! The Botak Jones experience did make a change on my mindset. I’m thankful :D


I got to know a lot of new people!! And I realize how everyone doing their simple2 unique personal habit is very special! Some to mention:


  • I like how Pricil always huggs people when meeting.

  • I realize how Ko Raimond, Ce Manda, Ce Siska, and Ce Steph easily laughs. Very comforting. 

  • Then Ko Iie who looks quite and reserved suddenly do all this unexpected weird2 jokes. 

  • And Mardian who is sooo tender yet then suddenly do this unexpected weird2 things, like repeating what the preacher says. 

  • Then Ghon and Ko Andri and the newly met Donna with their fights, superfunny!! 

  • Ce Yoan who pays attention to all the very little details of her ‘children’. 

  • Ko Ceka with his almost neverending patience that backfires (makes us bully him all the time) lol! 

  • Ce Becky who turns out to be very motherly (this one’s from Ghon). Ria also motherly. 

  • Ce Ricci who laughs at the end of almost every sentence. 

  • And Group 4, and room 351 with our sharing, 

  • and lots and lots that could not be mentioned here..

I’m a type of person who easily gets affected by all these. When I realize something is so special to me, sometimes I get mellow embracing them. And now I’m feeling kinda that way about TLG. But here I learn remember that all this is from God, and only God to be praised, to be glorified, to be having all the gratitude :)


TLG is not a group created by the right group of people. It’s something that God has planned and designed to it’s very detail for every single one of us in this family. So He deserves all the credit :) I’m sincerely thankful to God for this family. This huge gratitude in my heart, He’s the only One who deserves it and big enough to receive it not get overwhelmed by it. TLG is just His children walking in His plans, meeting each other at His right time, serving Him with His gifts, going according His storyline..


If any TLG-ers are reading this, I would want to remind us including myself, not to be overwhelmed by TLG itself. Be overwhelmed by God only, and just go with His flow. Don’t be afraid of losing TLG, or changes that might happen in the future (this works esp for me. When I get too comfortable with something, I don’t like it to change). If He plans it, it is gonna ba GOOD :)


So hereby I end my attempt on summarizing these 2 days.


I’m speechless. I think God specializes in making people speechless, yeah?


.


Ok, see you next post!! :) God Bless!