twenty!!

Today (09052011) is my birthday!! I’m for goodness sake TWENTY years old!!


A bit excited about that fact, a bit nervous, but just like my fellow sekya, Ria, said: “age is just a matter of number. It doesn’t determine much. Not your maturity, not your way of interacting, not your way of thinking, not much. Looking at Mardian and Mikey, being 20 seems less scary. LOL (Mardian was treating it like it was nothing, he was supercool about it. COOL bro!!)



  • Mikey and Mardian. One of the first guys to reach 20 in our FA Sekya. Look at them! Not 20-ish at all. Makes me happy lol

So, originally, here’s the plan for the day.


  1. Wake up

  2. breakfast

  3. sate

  4. exercise

  5. lunch

  6. bathe

  7. draw

  8. dinner

  9. sleep. 

But somehow I know I wouldn’t be at home. At least for dinner, I know I’m going out, whoever it may be with.


Woke up at 10 (after having a superbad flu the day before and the day before that), had breakfast more than usual (my herbalife shake, PLUS bread+kaya and yoghurt), and there was a whatsapp message from ce Joan, asking me out at 4. I said ok. Then I sate (saat teduh, red), then went to bed again (out of schedule), then woke up, drank another shake, and did some aerobics (found a random video on shape.com.sg), had a shower, and left for orchard to meet ce Joan. Met with ko Ceka first at orchard, then went to Bakerzin at Paragon.


When I reached, I saw two tables put together, and in one of them are ce Joan and ko Willy. Immediately I knew there are people coming (though I don’t know who it will be), since one table sits 4 person (2 tables = 8 person, while there was only 4 person there including me). But I just kept quiet la lol.


Then ordered a few desserts. It was sooo gooood!!! I would definitely go there again!!! I ordered chocolate melted cake or something and it was very good I finished it in like 3 minutes. It’s a chocolate cake with ice cream on top, with melted chocolate inside. nyyyyyam!!



It came with a candle on top. Idk how the candle was there cos I didn’t see in any way ko willy telling the waitress to put one. Mystery. Maybe they used some secret code or something.


The rest ordered some delicious stuff too. Then in walked Ghon, Ria, and Mikey. Was 50% surprised lah but I was super happy they were there :D


Then we talk talk talked until it was around time for dinner. Then ce Joan went to the toilet, and this conversation happened (all translated to english). It went something like:



Ko Willy (W): Where do you want to eat dinner?


Me (K): I don’t know


W: What type of food do you want? Indonesian? Western? Japanese?


K: If Japanese, where are we going to eat?


W: Hmm.. there’s Sakae Sushi upstairs..


K: But lazy already lah, just eat here?


W: OK!



Then ce Joan came back from the restroom and Ko willy told her that I wanted to eat there at Bakerzin. Then ce Joan said that she wanted to take me somewhere else for dinner, so we left.


Took bus to Dhoby Ghaut, and walked to Plaza Singapura, where I OBVIOUSLY saw my soul brother, JANSEN ONG



this guy, in front of MIKEY, who was in front of ME, and he was running away. I was about to say hi but he ran away do fast. Like so weird. As stupid as you may think I am, I sincerely thought he was with his housemates, because yesterday him and his housemates went karaoke-ing, and I thought they were hanging out today too.


I confronted Mikey, asking why he didn’t say hello to Jansen or ask him to join us, but he kept saying he didn’t see him, which was obviously a LIE. But as nonsense as it sounds, I choose to believe him in the end. I’m like that one, don’t want to lengthen small small stuff.


Then we crossed the street, towards a huge-huge manmade pond. I thought we are going to a restaurant somewhere and I wasn’t bothered at all. Some more Ghon was talking about some very interesting stuff. Then suddenly I heard people singing “Happy birthday” and I saw (almost) MY WHOLE FA!!



  • more or less this group of people

I was shocked and happy and touched and in complete disbelief, because earlier was the Ghon-Ria-Mikey surprise and for me that was really good enough anyone would take the time (and skipping class) for my birthday. I really really didn’t expect another one!! They got me good.


There were more Sekya, and even the seniors!!!! From work, they came! One even came from Joo Koon!!



  • (that happy guy in blue on the right..)

If anyone of you are reading, thank you sooo much!!! It really really means a lot to me and I appreciate it a lot!! I didn’t expect they would take the time and trouble. I mean, its Monday (not friday friday friday… ok HA!) and working is tiring and Joo Koon is far and stuff.. Wow, thank you.


Ce Enny gave a slice of cake with a candle on top.



Made a wish, blew the candle. And moments later…



there’s whipped cream all over my visible skin, from face to hands to LEGS.. complete body treatment!! I was like.. pasrah already hahaha do whatever you want lah I surrender.


.



  • this guy happy sia.. >.>

It took me a while to recognize the whipped cream. I was like, where did this come from? There’s no cake! (In my head, cream = cake) After a few seconds of loading then I realize it’s whipped cream from the can hahaha.


After a few moments of whip-creaming me, suddenly there were tissues and they started cleaning me hahahaha! I find it so funny because its almost like it’s timed or something. One moment its cream cream cream and snap! and suddenly its all tissue tissue tissue, like so cute :D And it’s so thoughtful that they prepared the wet tissue!!


Then when I was cleaning my sandals on the pond, suddenly out of nowhere Mardian came with a puny flower, still with the leaves, and gave it to me. First standing, then knelt down for a photo, like so funny!! The flower was supposed to be placed on my ear and he gave it with the leaves. LOL.



And ce Joan tied my hair sideways to make balance the flower. Aesthetics are important!!



I liked how I looked~



Then they prayed for me led by ce Shella, and I finished the slice of cake! Full cream, fatty, yet full of love :D Then we went to ate at nihonmura but it’s almost closed, so we moved to Popeyes. Almost no place to sit but finally managed to get a whole row for us :D



  • while waiting.. sempet yeee


  • so now you know who the true narcissists are in Fanda, cos this foto is NOT candid.


  • made for each other

Ko Dedi and ce Oya were late but they came and I’m happy!!!



  • nothing special but it’s a nice pic :)

Then we ate ate ate and talked talked talked. Ghon and the Novenas (Mardian, Christine, and soul brother) went home first. Then ard 10.45 we went off. Chuiel even practiced his Ahbeng walk and it was sooo funny!!! hahahhaa intermezzo2…. I wore the mardian flower all the way to Ang Mo Kio.



And ko Willy, nice act when asking for the dinner location. clap clap clap. lol


Today was long and fun and exciting. Thank you soooo much FA ANDA!!! The first day of my third decade of life is amazing thanks to you ppl!! Most of all, thank You JESUS for everything including sending these people into my life!!! If they are amazing, You as the creator are even more bombastic!! And for all of you who gave me wishes, thank you too!! I’m sooooo happy this day!!


Thank you!! :)


.


If I were to describe my feelings,


I


felt


special


:)


.