Life and the hot soup tragedy.

Hello!

It's been three weeks since I touched down in the mighty united Kingdom.

I have thousands of photos. Wait till I edit them, it will be uploaded. I know editing isn't necessary, but it's just me. I want to do it.

Anyway, I am HAPPY! No homesick at all, PTL. And no flu at all! Another PTL! When usually in Indonesia, whenever I am exposed to any cold weather (or even cold air conditioning), flu would immediately hit, it's a miracle that after 3 weeks I am still perfectly healthy.

By the way, I am in Loughborough now, not London. Studying in Loughborough University, staying in their dorm. Weather is cold, ranging from 5 degrees to 13 degrees. So when in Singapore it's about AC, here it's about heater.

I am glad their dormroom is a single room. So the space is all to myself, and it's in a very messy state right now. It's a pretty old dorm, bed is creaky and I can feel every single spring that's in it. And it makes noises every time I move. And the floors! It also creaks when I walk on it. But I am used to it already and I like it :)

And the best part is, my room is ont he third floor, just next to the toilet. Heaven knows I pee a lot, so having a nearby toilet is very convenient. I can't imagine if I live in the second floor, and need to climb up to the third floor each time I need to pee.. Gosh no. So really, even in the positioning of my room, I see God working :)

Food was okay, I can cope with it. But I do miss asian rice.

Our dining hall was a little far from the dorms. It was around a 10 minutes walk? And it was divided into 2 sections: The dining area and the kitchen. You go into the kitchen, pick up whatever you want to eat, and in the end there's a cashier area where you need to give your student card to the lunch lady, and she will deduct the money inside for your food. We eat for free though, the credit in our card is neverending. But we still have to go through the cashier process.

By the way. Earlier during dinner, I dropped my bowl of soup to myself. I put the tray down to take some salad, and the tray just slipped, and the HOT soup fell straight to my thighs, the bowl fell to the floor and broke. And there were ang moh kids watching, gosh how embarrassing.

And I was in the canteen, which was nowhere near my dorm. Which means I can't just strip and take off my jeans there.

My mind was still processing what was happening when a girl said, "oh, that must burn!", and straight away, I felt a burning sensation on my thighs. Like, it was BURNING. Soup was HOT! Boiler did it's job well. And I was still in the kitchen area and in my mind I can't leave because I havent gone through the cashier. So there I was, jumping around in the salad bar with a pair of burning thighs, and I have no idea of what to do. And I feel I can't just leave my broken bowl there. So a lot was going through my head: The stinging pain on my thighs, and that I have my jeans on and I obviously can't take it off there which made me feel so helpless about the burning pain, the fact that I havent paid for my food and therefore can't leave the canteen (silly right), responsibility of the broken bowl, and not to mention the pairs of eyes watching.

So my friend, Huyen, quickly ran off somewhere. The lunch uncle quickly came and clean the mess, and a random ang moh boy came and asking over and over if I was okay. I told him my thighs are burning so bad and he ran off somewhere. Huyen came back with a pile of tissues and I started cleaning my jeans. The boy also came with an even thicker pile of tissue, and kept asking me whether I was okay and I told him I was alright. I forgot whether I had thanked him or not, I was still in a very confused state. He was so kind! Gosh.

So to the kind guy, I don't know your name and face, I only remember what you were wearing.
If by any slightest chance you are reading this, a big fat THANK YOU from me!!! THANKS!!!!

It all happened so fast. I quickly took my desert (yeah, can't forget that right), and went to the cashier. And talk about timing, we were planning to do our laundry today, so I had a few clothes in hand. So I changed in the dining hall toilet. If I hadn't had my dirty clothes, I would have to either go back to my hall in a sticky dirty pair of jeans, change, and go back to the hall to finish my dinner, or suck it all up, finish the dinner with a wet sticky jeans, and go back later. Both a very uncomfortable choice. So THANK YOU JESUS! Hoahh.

By the time I changed in the dining hall, the burnt skin was bright red. By the time I reached my room, it was better, but it still has a few red patches. Now it doesn't hurt anymore so that's good!

SO! That's a quick update of my life abroad.

Cheers!